Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Staircase Remodel

Staircase Remodel

I decided that my hardwood oak stairs needed a remodel. I had already stripped and sanded the stair steps and refinished them with a polyurethane. It seemed like the stairs were still missing something and needed something else. So I decided to paint the stair risers. See the before and after below. 

After the Remodel



Before the Painted Risers



I used Varathane Polyurethane that I purchased from Lowes on the stair treads previously. I then used Valspar Ultra Satin White paint to paint the risers.
Varathane Gallon Size Container Floor Finish Semi-Gloss Polyurethane (Actual Net Contents: 128-fl oz)Valspar Ultra Gallon Size Container Interior Satin White Latex-Base Paint and Primer in One (Actual Net Contents: 128-fl oz)






No comments:

Post a Comment